Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Crossfit, Clients and Individual Needs

Tip of the day: "Make the program fit the client, not the client fit the program" (Scott Abel). Ask me about Crossfit or whatever and I reply with the above. If you expect me to go for or against a program I won't. There is no ultimate exercise solution. Training is only effective to the degree that it meets the need of the individual it is being applied to, neither good or bad, just more or less appropriate.



(Before anybody gets their jock strap in a bunch I learned about this photo from an actual Crossfitter who was working out at my gym one day.  He thought it was funny and saw it as a compliment.  Said it motivated him even more.  I believe the photo is of some troops in either Iraq or Afghanistan.  Their ingenuity is incredible! Crossfit works very well for those guys due to the simplicity of the equipment needed, its specificity to their job demands and the fact that most of those guys/gals are freaking animals when it comes to working out.  They tend to be young and capable of doing what the system requires both from a physical, injury and mental standpoint.)

No comments:

Post a Comment