Sunday, December 5, 2010

Meal 1:
3 hard boiled eggs
3 slices of wheat toast with a little smuckers jelly:  Please note the value of consistency here.  I know what I like, I know what is convenient and I stick with it because it works for me.  I think if more people adopted this philosophy they could get themselves on the road to getting the best body their genetics and life style would allow them to.  But instead they are like all those overweight people at Trader Joe's who stand in the way reading labels crying over trans fats and how much better they are than you because they eat organic.  My favorite is when you see their carts stuffed with pretzels, cookies and ice cream because it doesn't have  high fructose corn syrup when you buy it at Joe's.  I guess this is because natural sugar won't make your butt as big.    Problem is in their misguided effort to find the fountain of middle age they don't realize they won't live very long if I run them over in an effort to get my beef jerky and get the hell out of there. 

Meal 2:
2 scoops of chocolate protein powder mixed with ice and water
2 gala apples
1 oz. raisins

Meal 3:
1 baked potato mashed with 1 1/2 cups cauliflower and mixed with 2 tsp olive oil and 1 tsp sea salt
1 can albacore tuna

Meal 4:
Turkey on whole wheat with lettuce, tomato, and lots of spicy mustard (I got this from McCafferty's. It was terrible.  Not the store but the sand which.   I was stuck in a bind because I took on an extra client this afternoon and didn't bring a 4th meal to work.   I needed something supportive to my goals that was quick and convenient and that I could eat on my way to S.A.V.E so the salad bar really didn't fit the bill.   The problem was there was a new kid behind the counter and he used the cheap turkey, not the boars head.  The turkey was way too gelatinous, if that is even a word.  The saving grace was he slapped enough spicy mustard on it that was at least edible.  My theory is if  you have enough spicy mustard  you could make Abe Vigoda on Rye taste good.  Nonetheless it was a lower calorie choice than Pizza, Wings, or any of the other calorie dense stuff they have the food bar that they drown in butter, oil, sugar and fat in order for it to "taste" good.  

Meal 5:
250 grams London broil steak (from last nights marinade.  This tasted awesome)
Super Salad
18 Nathans fries  with sea salt and pepper with ketchup on the side for "skinny dipping"*. 
 (The super salad is a fantastic "Secret".  You take 5 or 6 blades of Romaine Lettuce and then cut up 1/4 to 1/2 cucumber.  Put it in a salad spinner or a colander and rinse off all the grit and wax.  After you dry it off put in a bowl and add 1 tablespoon ken's lite creamy Cesar and 1 tablespoon ken's lite Cesar.  It is this creamy/non creamy Cesar tag team which really body slams your taste buds like a condiment version of hulk hogan in the steel cage at Madison Square Garden.  Give it a shot, you will not be disappointed.  Everyone who has tried this at my house loves it.  Granted it doesn't make the salad taste like vanilla bean Hagen dazz (sorry if I spelled this wrong but I don't eat it often enough to know it on a first name basis) mixed with chopped up holiday peanut butter cups, but it works.  

*People get their underwear all in a bunch about ketchup and I don't know why.  They claim it's all sugar and even worse it is HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP.   People need to calm down about condiments, it is unnecessary to get so excited about stuff like this.  The news flash of the day should be that ketchup has 15 calories per tablespoon.  Unless you drown your food in Ketchup like Elvis drowned himself in mayo during the Vegas years before he died on the toilet, well then you should be ok.  It's 15 calories people, that is not a whole heck of a lot of something, let alone enough of anything that is going to make a difference in the big picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment